TERMS AND PRIORITIES;
Funding will be prioritised in order to achieve the following transformation and equity targets in line with the terms
set out as per the Amended B-BBEE Sector Codes:
- At least 70% of beneficiaries shall be enterprises that are Black-owned;
- At least 50% of beneficiaries shall be enterprises that are women-owned;
- At least 30% of beneficiaries shall be enterprises that are youth-owned; and
- At least 4% of beneficiaries shall be enterprises that have met a target of at least 2% employment of persons
NB: Priority will be given to enterprises that could not benefit from any of the available Government funding
schemes for COVID-19.
Tourism Relief Fund Application form for Tourist Guides;
- Be a registered as tourist’s guide with the provincial Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA).
- Be a tax payer in good standing with valid tax compliance certificate before the grant is disbursed.
- In business for one year or more and have not benefited from the government Relief Fund
- Proof that the relief is required as a result of the impact of COVID-19.
- Motivation how lockdown regulations brought about hardship and distress in the business.
- Not benefitted from the national tourism relief
fund for tourist guides.
Tourism Relief Fund Application form for Tourist Enterprises;
- An enterprise must be a tourism-specific establishment that has been in existence for at least one
business financial year, operating within the province of KwaZulu-Natal;
- An enterprise must be officially registered with relevant business registration authorities, such as the
Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC);
- An enterprise must also be registered or in the process of registration with the Provincial Department of
Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA);
- An enterprise must be generating a turnover not exceeding R2,5 million per business financial year;
- An enterprise must be compliant with all tax regulations and in possession of a valid tax clearance
- An enterprise must be compliant with the requirements of the National Minimum Wage;
- An enterprise must be in possession of a BEE Certificate at level 1, 2, or 3 of the B-BBEE Codes; and
- An enterprise must be able to demonstrate that it has been directly affected by the impact of
THE ONCE-OFF GRANT AMOUNT FOR TOURISM ENTERPRISES SHALL BE
CAPPED AT R50 000 PER APPLICANT, WHILE THE GRANT AMOUNT FOR
TOURIST GUIDES SHALL BE CAPPED AT R4 500 PER APPLICANT.